Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's the Beginning of the End!

Have you ever been waiting excitedly for something to happen, but at the same time you don't want it to, because then it will be over? That's how I feel about the release tomorrow of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1. It's the beginning of the end!




I have read all of the the books at least twice, and listened to them all once. The characters have become friends, almost like family in some cases. I've recommended the books to countless kids and adults. Had many conversations debating the merits of one spell over another and why this character did that instead of the other. I have laughed and cried, shivered and shaked (!), moaned, groaned, ooe'd and aahh'd. In short, I have loved every page of all 7 books.

But, all good things must come to an end, and with the opening of DH1 tomorrow, the end has definitely begun. I'm not really sorry. In fact, part of me is quite glad it's all going to be over soon. Harry Potter will be around for years to come and new generations of kids will thrill to the words of J K Rowling. I will continue to recommend the books to all and sundry. But I am ready to move on to something else. What that will be, I have no idea, but I look forward to it.

It's been a good ride Harry. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment