Saturday, April 16, 2011

Same Book, Second Look - Crave by Laura J Burns and Melinda Metz


Published: September 2010
Publisher: Simon & Shuster
Pages: 256
Copy Provided by: Library
Summary: Goodreads



Summary:
Shay has had a rare blood disorder since she was born. In fact, her mother married one of Shay’s doctors, Martin, who left his world-renowned leukemia research to try and figure out exactly what the disorder is and how to cure it. When she turns seventeen, Martin begins to give her new blood transfusions that make her feel the strongest she has ever felt. But she also has odd visions where she sees through the eyes of a vampire.



Review:
I have been itching to read this book for so long.  It was good but to be honest, didn't blow me away.  When I started it, I was pleasantly surprised with the story.  It takes a new spin on vampires as a sick girl gets a transfusion with vampire blood to extend her life yet she also experiences visions from her host. 

The storyline was good but somewhere along 3/4 of the way through the book I found myself not buying into it anymore.  Shay's interaction with Gabriel and how quickly things moved was unbelievable to me.  Also, Shay went from being a bit quiet and subdued to a bit obnoxious and even mean to those closest to her.  Her reactions (just because of the blood) were not accompanied by feelings of remorse for the way she was acting either.  I understand that the authors tried to build up a case where everyone treated Shay like a glass doll and were cautious around her but they wanted her to be safe.

Even though I did finish this book and might be tempted to see where the next one goes, it didn't WOW me like I thought it might.  Maybe you'd feel differently...


No comments:

Post a Comment