Saturday, November 5, 2011

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead


Published: December 2010
Publisher: Penguin Group
Pages: 594
Copy Provided by: Bought
Summary: Goodreads

Summary:

Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice. Now, with Rose on trial for her life and Lissa first in line for the Royal Throne, nothing will ever be the same between them.

Review:
If you are a loyal follower of this blog then you must know how much I LOVE this series.  I think it ranks right up there with Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instrument series for me.  Last Sacrifice is the final installment of the Vampire Academy series.  Ms. Mead takes this (nearly) 600 page book and makes it feel like a walk in the park.  As the final book in the series, it is jam packed full of adventure, action, murder, romance and Richelle wraps everything up neatly when she's finished.  I couldn't have asked for a better ending.  Normally it would take me a long time to finish up a book of this length. I don't have many opportunities to read, just here and there when I get a chance but I flew through this title in a matter of days.  I can't emphasize how much I enjoyed the Vampire Academy series.  If you haven't tried it, you really should give it a shot.  You need to start at the very beginning as the story has many characters who develop and grow with each book.  Ms. Mead is an excellent storyteller and has layered her characters, world and plot extremely well.  Bravo Ms. Mead.  I will be seeking out Bloodlines shortly...gotta keep an eye on Sydney!

1 comment:

  1. Spoiler comment: Though I loved that Rose ends up with Dimitri, I was happy that Adrian just didn't say, "I knew you loved him. I am OK with this". I liked how I felt his pain. The ending was great. Have you looked into the spin off series? I am hesitant about it.

    ReplyDelete