Saturday, May 19, 2012

Destined by Aprilynne Pike


Published: May 1st, 2012
Publisher: Harper Collins
Pages: 213
e-copy: from publisher and Netgalley
Summary: Goodreads

Tamani looked at her gravely, and reached up to tuck her hair behind her ear.

He hesitated for an instant, then his hands found the sides of her face, pulling her to him. He didn't kiss her, just held her face close to his, their foreheads resting together, their noses almost touching.

She hated how much it felt like good-bye.


Laurel now knows the truth: Yuki is a rare Winter faerie, the most powerful—and deadly—of all, and Klea plans to use her to help conquer and destroy Avalon. But Klea's reach extends far beyond one wild Winter faerie. With Tamani, David, and Chelsea by her side, Laurel prepares to face what may be Avalon's final days, in the stunning conclusion to the Wings series.



I love this series and I love this book.  Everything that was in the first 3 books, (Wings, Spells and Illusions) was just the lead up to this fantastic finish.  OMG it was just so exciting and moving and thrilling and exciting and ... well, you get the picture, don't you.

Ms Pike took the tension in this book to a very high level right at the start, and basically did not let it go until the last page.  There is so much going on and it's all so dangerous and completely tragic.  I found I was holding my breath in some spots.  It's very hard to tell you about this without giving away major spoilers, so I will just say that if you've read the other three you will not be disappointed.  If you haven't read the other three, don't read this one until you have.  You really need to read all of them to appreciate the bittersweet sacrifices made in Destined. 

Laurel, Tamani, David and Chelsea have an amazing adventure that will affect them all greatly on so many levels. It was hard to remember they are all just fictional characters. There  is a letter at the end of the book that just about had me bawling, but was the bow that tied up the package neatly.  I think I'm going to have to go out and buy this series - I've read them all from the library - but now that it's finished I know I'll read them again.  Thank you Ms Pike for giving me such an enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment