Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Musings by Knitwits - Mollie Makes magazine


Christinabean here.  It has been a long time since I contributed to Musings as Curlypow seems to read more craft books nowadays than I do but I wanted to share a special magazine that I love to treat myself to every now and then.  

Mollie Makes is a UK mag all about arts and crafts.  They have excellent articles on makers from all different genres.  Often these articles are accompanied by photos of an artist's workshop or home.  I LOVE to see how people collect and organize their materials.  It fascinates me how some can collect so much stuff/materials/fabric/vintage supplies for our projects and organize it in a neat, user-friendly fashion.  I need to learn how to do that!



As a UK import, we always seem to be one issue behind what is current.  Usually they come with a small project with materials included or some interesting freebie attached to the front cover.  This month they've included a Travelcard wallet (translation for us North Americans, a credit card holder).  The kit includes fabric, ribbon and plastic along with instructions.  Cool eh?

On occasion  I will visit their website to see what the upcoming mag has to offer and check out any other free tutorials they have posted.  The issue I picked up last week has a cute article on how to make this adorable pair of felties.  When I'm feeling a little blue and antsy, I find thumbing through this magazine inspiring.  It helps me get my craft on again and reminds me that even if I only have an hour to make something, I can still complete a small yet satisfying project.

Another thing to note is that Mollie Makes is available online.  That includes current issues as well as back issues.  I've found that they are almost 1/2 of the price of the print copy and you can download the patterns.  Of course, you also miss out on the covermount items (projects) normally attached to the printed version.

If you are interested in Making, Thrifting, Collecting and/or Crafting, you'll appreciate this magazine...and perhaps even look into buying the older issues online, like I have!

Don't forget that we have a giveaway going on for a copy of Jennifer Lynn Barne's Nobody & Every Other Day.  ENTER HERE NOW.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I've never head of this magazine, and I'm a crafter too -- although I haven't done much lately. I may check out the online version. Always looking for inspiration....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you find it inspiring! One of my favs...

    ReplyDelete