Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Follow



Friday Follow is a blog hop that was started by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.  Each week a different question is posted by our hosts and we will answer!  This is a great opportunity for bloggers to network and interact. 
This week’s question –

Characters, sometimes our favorites, die during books. If you’d get to choose, who would you bring back? viaHowling for Books 

Hmm...this is a hard one because oftentimes the storyline changes once a character is offed.  It sets the mood for future events and can be a catalyst for what is to come.  That being said, I really wish Dumbledore didn't die.  He was such a great role model for Harry and his friends.  However, if he hadn't passed, the story would have also had a much different outcome and may not have been nearly as epic.  
- Christinabean

Just to add my 2 cents worth, I would pick Tom from the Rot and Ruin series.  He was such a wonderful character and his death was devastating (sorry if that's a spoiler), but by dying he forced the other characters to grow in so many ways.  I shed several tears when he died.
-Curlypow

Welcome to the Paperback Princesses! Make yourself at home, take a look around our blog and let us know what you think in the comments section. We would love to hear what you have to say about our posts. We often try to comment on your comments as well so feel free to start a conversation! Since there are two of us running the show, we always have a variety of titles and event postings. Be sure to check out our own personal meme page. Check out Fantastic Fairytales, Let's Hear it for the Boys, In Case you Missed it and a few others. We try to not only focus on new YA books but also great titles from the past.

6 comments:

  1. A lot of people have mentioned Harry Potter characters (me being one of them). Just goes to show how much that series has affected us as a reading population.

    New GFC follower :)
    Here's my Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked Dumbledore too. But I've seen a lot of other posts about other characters in HP. I guess I forgot how many characters died in that series! I haven't seen a Dobby post yet, but he'd be another one...Here’s my F&FF..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally blanked on Harry Potter characters but Dumbledore would've been my pick too. Sad.....

    Eileen @ BookCatPIn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots and lots of Harry Potter picks today!

    Old follower!
    Kristen @ One Chapter Ahead

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dumbledore was on my list too. I was so devastated when he died! Old follower :)

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel a bit ashamed to admit that I haven’t read the last three Harry Potter books, certainly now with all the HP characters which have been chosen. Yet I don't think I'll ever be able to read The Half-Blood Prince since so many people are still devastated about Dumbledore.

    New GFC follower!
    Aurélie @ http://exploringpages.blogspot.be/2014/10/ff-feature-follow-if-i-die-young.html

    ReplyDelete