Monday, May 9, 2016

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking the Shelves allows us to share the books we have added to our collections - physical, virtual, borrowed, bought or received

I had quite the haul this week.  Thanks to a giftcard earned from Swagbucks, I had money to spend at Chapters (burning a hole in my online account)...I'll tell you about how to earn points and free giftcards to Amazon and Chapters after I show you what I received in my goody box - 






OK, so a bit of a mix...Court of Thorns and Roses is in my top 10 series right now. We shall see how it all pans out but if it is like Sarah J Mass' Throne of Glass series, then it is a keeper. Court of Mist and Fury was just released last week.  Glass Sword was one that I really wanted to snag from Chapters because it is a SIGNED copy. I found a few different titles that could be ordered that were signed by the author and this is one of them. Awesome if they are by an author you are really enjoying and Chapters doesn't bump up the price of the book either. Lastly, I picked up The Walking Dead Compendium. This is most recent one from what I can acertain.  Since Season 6 has ended, I need something else to fuel my obsession.  :)  I haven't actually read the rest of the series, just watched the show!

I was so excited to get Court of Mist and Fury that I started reading it over the weekend and I have NO IDEA what happened in book #1. I'm afraid in my old age my memory is starting to fade so it is lucky that I also bought the first title so I have been frantically trying to re-read it. I think I'm only about 20% of the way through right now.

I had wanted to talk to our followers about Swagbucks. This is a site that I got hooked on from another blogger.  She kept mentioned how she would get $5 amazon gift cards every week just from visiting a website and doing some surveys. Well, I don't always have time to do the surveys on this website but I do use it to get free points and snag giftcards whenever I can.  If you have the time, you might want to try it. Basically, Swagbucks can act as a search engine and then there are a variety of other things you can do to earn points. These points accumulate to cash in for giftcards.  There are often bonus points that can be found on their Facebook site, twitter and their blog. Most of it is free but you can increase your points exponentially if you do online shopping and link through them first. I use their search engine instead of Google and I get rewarded every 8-12 times I search.   I also have their app on my phone and will watch movie previews for additional points. These little changes have actually gotten me hundreds of dollars in gift certificates.  

You can check it out here - 
When you first start, make sure you take advantage of the free things such as the daily poll, and daily offers on the to do list on the left hand side of your screen.  Also, click on Answer and fill out the survey profile. These are quick and easy ways to earn points quickly.  You only need 500 points for most $5 gift cards. Oh, and if you are Canadian, be sure to search for giftcards using CAD in the search box to find only those giftcards you can use in our country!  Leave a message and let me know what you think!

- Christinabean



1 comment:

  1. Didn't even realize Mist and Fury was out! My book club is discussing the first one this week. And they are all nuts about the Aveyard series. Horrible cliffhangers, though! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete