Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - Water Wars by Cameron Stracher (Dec 29)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine , that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating or books that are in our TBR pile. This week’s “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is

Published: January 2011
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pages: 304
Summary: Goodreads

Summary:
Vera and her brother Will live in the shadow of the Great Panic, in a country that has collapsed from environmental catastrophe. Water is hoarded by governments, rivers are dammed, and clouds are sucked from the sky. But then Vera befriends Kai, who seems to have limitless access to fresh water. When Kai suddenly disappears, Vera and Will set off on a dangerous journey in search of him-pursued by pirates, a paramilitary group, and greedy corporations. Timely and eerily familiar, acclaimed author Cameron Stracher makes a stunning YA debut that's impossible to forget.

Curlypow and I first heard about Water Wars when it came out on Teen Fire, a message board. They had asked us to vote on the cover for this book. I didn't vote on this cover but I think it was my 2nd or 3rd choice. Interesting way to create buzz. Hope it meets up to my expectations!

1 comment:

  1. I finished this recently and was sad it didn't meet my expectations. I hope you enjoy it more!

    ReplyDelete