Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


Published: Sept 2011
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Pages: 450
Copy Provided by: Simon and Schuster Canada
Summary: Goodreads

Summary:

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.

She's wrong.


Review:

The summary doesn't give you much to go on, does it?  I didn't know what to expect of this title either but it was one of the best books I've read this year!  I was am so pleased with this story.  It kept me riveted!  Ms. Hodkin draws a fine line between reality and fantasy always pushing the boundaries of the imagination.  She takes the reader down surprising trails and leaves you wanting more.  


Need some more enticement?  Check out the trailer -


Its actually a bit of a complicated story so I don't want to give anything away.  Michelle writes beautifully and before I could blink, I was caught up in Mara's world.  It was truly unputdownable.  She (Mara) has this power and you're never really sure if it is real or imagined.  If you enjoy suspense, thrillers a bit of romance (and maybe a little bit of emo), you should enjoy this one.  (I should also mention that there is a bit of language in this book.  It may not be appropriate for a younger audience.)

Wait!  There's more!  (I'm gushing, aren't I?)  Of course there is a hottie bad boy who stars in Mara's life.  Who doesn't like a hot bad boy?  Move over book boyfriends, I think Noah's going to be a new contender on my list....I wouldn't be surprised if he makes Curlypow's as well....

If you only have time to read one book this year.  Make sure this is the one you choose.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! This has been on my wishlist for a while - maybe I should finally get a copy. The summary doesn't say much but it still catches your attention. Trurth be told the cover caught my attention first - I just love it! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete