Monday, March 19, 2018

Stacking the Shelves



Stacking the Shelves allows us to share the books we have added to our collections - physical, virtual, borrowed, bought or received


Summary (by Goodreads)

Summer in Sand Lake isn’t complete without a trip to Meade Creamery—the local ice cream stand founded in 1944 by Molly Meade who started making ice cream to cheer up her lovesick girlfriends while all the boys were away at war. Since then, the stand has been owned and managed exclusively by local girls, who inevitably become the best of friends. Seventeen-year-old Amelia and her best friend Cate have worked at the stand every summer for the past three years, and Amelia is “Head Girl” at the stand this summer. When Molly passes away before Amelia even has her first day in charge, Amelia isn’t sure that the stand can go on. That is, until Molly’s grandnephew Grady arrives and asks Amelia to stay on to help continue the business…but Grady’s got some changes in mind… 

Whew! I have had a couple of pretty heavy weeks when it comes to reading.  By heavy I don't mean huge books either. I mean intense and dark titles.  I just finished reading the Stillhouse Lake series by Rachel Caine and I'm still reeling from some of the events of the story.  Not sure if I'll be posting a review.  It's not exactly YA material but I do love her writing...Anywho...I thought I'd go for something a little lighter on the contemporary side this time around.  I received this title from NetGalley a little while ago and it will be released in April.  Ice cream anyone? 

- Christinabean

1 comment: